Creative Family Law Solutions
During Difficult Times
Joshua R. Miller
- Divorce and Family law Litigation Mediation and Collaborative Practice 100%
Mr. Miller resides in Granite Bay, CA with his wife and three children, and has worked in the divorce and family law area of practice exclusively since1996, in both administrative and legal capacities. It is important to Mr. Miller that his clients are aware of their options in resolving their divorce or family law matter, and once that decision is made that his clients achieve their goals in the most cost effective manner. That is why Mr. Miller provides firm and aggressive representation if your case is litigated, and if you and the other party want to stay out of Court, Mr. Miller is an experienced and certified divorce mediator and collaborative divorce attorney. Mr. Miller's litigation clients appreciate his mediation skills in helping to settle their in a favorable and cost effective manner, and his mediation and collaborative clients appreciate his ongoing litigation and court room experience which is helpful in finalizing agreements.
Mr. Miller graduated from University of California, Davis where he studied business and international relations. He was then immediately admitted to University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law where he focused his studies in family law, business law, and real estate law.
Mr. Miller volunteers his time to help support the divorce and family law community. He is a committee member of the Placer County Temporary Judge and Attorney Mediator program which is an attorney volunteer program to help parties and/or their attorneys settle cases before a hearing or trial. He is also a board member of the Sacramento Collaborative Practice Group.
Outside of the office and the court room, the legal discussions continue at home. Mr. Miller, Mr. Miller's wife, brother, brother-in-law, mother, stepfather, and various step-siblings are all attorneys practicing in Sacramento/Placer/El Dorado Counties. His family members practice in areas of divorce, family law, juvenile dependency, real estate, and administrative law, either for private law firms or for the state and local counties.
Mr. Miller grew up personally experiencing the dynamics and complications of divorce, and is therefore dedicated to firmly applying the law where needed to protect minor children, and to helping clients through their custody issue with as minimal impact to the children as possible.
Mr. Miller has extensive experience with complex and high net worth property division cases, whether litigated or within the mediation or collaborative divorce process. With his experience in business and real estate, Mr. Miller's niche has been dealing with business valuation and the related issue of determining income available for child and spousal support.
Current Employment Position
- Managing Partner
- Law Office of Keegan & Myers, P.C., Law Clerk & Attorney, 01/2001 to 07/2008
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- J.D. - 2004
- U.C. Davis, Davis, California
- B.A. - 2001
- Voted 2014 Best of the Best Rocklin Attorney, by Placer Herald
- Dean's Honor Roll, McGeorge School of Law
- Voted 2015 Best of the Best Rocklin Attorney, by Placer Herald
- Guest Speaker, McGeorge School of Law Alternative Dispute Resolution, 2015
- Guest Speaker, Divorce Option Workshops (Roseville & Folsom), 2013, 2014, 2015
- State Bar of California, Member
- Placer County Bar, Member
- Certified Divorce & Family Law Mediator
- Certified Collaborative Divorce Attorney
- Sacramento Collaborative Practice Group , Member & Board Member
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Member
- Placer County Temporary Judge and Attorney Mediation Program, Committee Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- McGeorge School of Law, County Legal Services, Governing Board Member and Supervisor, 2003 to 2004