Joshua R. Miller
- Divorce and Family law Litigation Mediation and Collaborative Practice 100%
Certified Legal Specialties:
- Certified Divorce Mediator
- Certified Collaborative Attorney
Mr. Miller is a managing partner, divorce litigator, certified divorce mediator, and certified collaborative divorce attorney at Miller & Associates, Attorneys LLP.
Mr. Miller provides firm and aggressive representation for his litigation clients. He has been litigating high net worth divorce and family law matters, including complex custody cases, exclusively since 2005. He has extensive experience in complex business valuation cases and divorces with large real estate portfolios.
Mr. Miller also strongly believes that most divorce and family law matters can be resolved with the mediation or collaborative divorce process, which provides the least financial and emotional impact to families. Mr. Miller has been successfully mediating multi-million dollar dissolution cases, with very complex estates, since 2011. Mr. Miller takes pride in the cost-efficient mediation process he has developed in over 11 years of mediating divorce cases.
Mr. Miller's primary focus for every case is to achieve his client's desired results in a way that minimizes the financial and emotional cost to his client and family. As such, it is important to Mr. Miller that his clients thoroughly understand their options to litigate, mediate, or collaborate their divorce or family law issue, and that they understand the financial and emotional toll that each option might entail. Mr. Miller's litigation clients appreciate his mediation skills and experience in helping to settle their case in a favorable and cost-effective manner. Similarly, his mediation and collaborative divorce clients appreciate his litigation and court room knowledge and experience which is helpful in setting realistic expectations and in reaching comprehensive settlement agreements.
Outside of the office and the court room, Mr. Miller has volunteered his time as a former committee member of the Placer County Temporary Judge and Attorney Mediator program. He is also an active member of the Sacramento Collaborative Practice Group and has volunteered his time to participate in presentations in the region explaining litigation, mediation, and collaborative divorce options and process for divorcing families. Mr. Miller has also been a guest speaker on the topic of divorce mediation and collaborative divorce at McGeorge School of Law.
Mr. Miller has worked in the divorce and family law area of law exclusively since 1996 in both administrative and legal capacities. Mr. Miller graduated from University of California, Davis in 2001 where he studied business and international relations. He was then immediately admitted to University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law where he focused his studies in family law, business law, and real estate law.
Mr. Miller resides in Granite Bay, CA with his wife and three children. In his free time, Mr. Miller spending quality time with his family, classic cars, and waterskiing.
Current Employment Position
- Managing Partner
- Divorce Litigator
- Law Office of Keegan & Myers, P.C., Law Clerk & Attorney, 01/2001 to 07/2008
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- J.D. - 2004
- Honors: Dean's Honor Roll
- U.C. Davis, Davis, California
- B.A. - 2001
- Honors: Dean's Honor List
- Major: Economics
- Major: International Relations
- Voted 2014 Best of the Best Rocklin Attorney, by Placer Herald
- Dean's Honor Roll, McGeorge School of Law
- Voted 2015 Best of the Best Rocklin Attorney, by Placer Herald
- Guest Speaker, McGeorge School of Law Alternative Dispute Resolution, 2015
- Guest Speaker, Divorce Option Workshops (Roseville & Folsom), 2013, 2014, 2015
- State Bar of California, Member
- Placer County Bar, Member
- Certified Divorce & Family Law Mediator
- Certified Collaborative Divorce Attorney
- Sacramento Collaborative Practice Group , Member & Board Member
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Member
- Placer County Temporary Judge and Attorney Mediation Program, Committee Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- McGeorge School of Law, County Legal Services, Governing Board Member and Supervisor, 2003 to 2004