Miller & Associates, Attorneys LLP
  • Best Of the Best 2014 - By the Readers of The Placer Herald
  • Best Of the Best 2015 - By the Readers of The Placer Herald
  • Placer Herald | Best Of the Best 2016 - Rocklin
  • By the readers of the Placer Herald | 2017 Best Of the Best
  • By the readers of the Placer Herald | 2018 Best Of the Best


ROCKLIN: 916-780-0848 FOLSOM: 916-365-4941
Free ½ Hour Consultations

Main Navigation

Focused on reducing the emotional and financial toll to your family.

Offering divorce and family law options to fit
your needs, and focused on reducing the emotional
and financial toll to your family.

How do I enforce Placer County Custody and Visitation Orders?

In a perfect world, all parties to a Placer County Child Custody case would set aside their personal issues with the other parent and obey the Placer County Family Court's Child Custody orders, even if those orders are undesirable. Unfortunately, there are some parties who refuse to obey the Placer County Child Custody orders, or who will do subtle things to undermine them. These cases can be among the most difficult and tedious in family law.

An aggrieved parent has a few remedies to address disobedient and contemptible behavior by their ex partner. First, they can write professional but sternly worded correspondence instructing the offending parent of the court ordered terms and their violating actions. Second, they can notify law enforcement during a new act of disobedience and request the police enforce the terms of the court order. Third, they can file a motion to change custody and visitation orders and note the acts of disobedience and intentional frustration of a valid court order. Finally, they can file a motion for contempt of court and ask the court to sanction or even potentially imprison the offending parent if the court feels it is legally justified.

If you are involved in a Placer County child custody case, and you believe your ex partner is violating the court order, please give us a call. We can meet with you and discuss the Placer County child custody process in a free half-hour attorney consultation.

Contra Costa County | Bar Association The State Bar of California Placer County Bar Association Collaborative practice california IACP Certified Family Law Mediator
Miller & Associates, Attorneys LLP
Miller & Associates, Attorneys LLP
6542 Lonetree Boulevard
Rocklin, CA 95765

Phone: 916-780-0848 
Fax: 916-780-0787
Miller & Associates, Attorneys LLP
2280 E. Bidwell Street, Suite 204
Folsom, CA 95630

Phone: 916-365-4941 
Fax: 916-780-0787

Follow Us On

Facebook Twitter

Our Office Directions

Rocklin Law Office Map Folsom Law Office Map

Privacy Policy | Business Development Solutions by FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters.