• Best Of the Best 2014 - By the Readers of The Placer Herald
  • Best Of the Best 2015 - By the Readers of The Placer Herald
  • Placer Herald | Best Of the Best 2016 - Rocklin
  • By the readers of the Placer Herald | 2017 Best Of the Best


ROCKLIN: 916-780-0848 FOLSOM: 916-365-4941
Free ½ Hour Consultations

Main Navigation

Focused on reducing the emotional and financial toll to your family.

Offering divorce and family law options to fit
your needs, and focused on reducing the emotional
and financial toll to your family.

Singer's ex loses custody case

Chris Brown's ex lost her claim to change the child custody and support orders in place when the couple went to court on Aug. 12. The case, which has been going on for a long time, played out both in the California courts and on social media with fans weighing in.

According to sources, Brown's ex had several requests at the court hearing, which included a petition for full custody of the couple's daughter, monitored visitations with Brown, no visitation privileges for his mother, drug testing for Brown, as well as an increase in the child support payments from $2,500 to around $16,000 monthly. The woman claimed that Brown was unfit to take care of his daughter on his own. The judge also ordered the woman to pay back Brown for the lawyer fees he paid so she could have legal counsel.

The standing child custody agreement, which include 12 days of unsupervised visitation for Brown each month, will continue, as will the standing child support agreement, which sets the amount of payment at $2,500 monthly. Reportedly, Brown also pays for the child's education, nannies and health care bills. Child custody cases are decided with the best interest of the child in mind. This particular case played out in a very public forum, since fans of the singer and the general public were able to follow the situation and witness Brown playing the ideal father for his daughter.

A parent who seeks to change a child custody or support order must demonstrate in court why it is necessary. Having the assistance and guidance of a family law attorney can help the parent get all the information organized so that the process might be smoother.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Contra Costa County | Bar Association The State Bar of California Placer County Bar Association Collaborative practice california IACP Certified Family Law Mediator
Miller & Associates, Attorneys LLP

Miller & Associates, Attorneys LLP
6542 Lonetree Boulevard
Rocklin, CA 95765

Phone: 916-780-0848 
Fax: 916-780-0787

Miller & Associates, Attorneys LLP
850 Iron Point Road, Suite 113A
Folsom, CA 95630

Phone: 916-365-4941 
Fax: 916-780-0787

Follow Us On

Facebook Twitter

Our Office Directions

Rocklin Law Office Map Folsom Law Office Map

Privacy Policy | Business Development Solutions by FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters.