Requesting a Placer County Family Law Trial

by | Dec 6, 2013 | Firm News |

In a typical Placer County family law case, the parties should reach a settlement of all of the issues of the divorce, custody dispute, support dispute, or property dispute in advance of any trial.  In Placer County, family law parties rarely take their cases to trial because it is expensive, emotionally exhausting, and time consuming.  Often times it is easier for the parties to settle the case out of court.

Sometimes the parties to a Placer County family law case are unable to resolve the issues in their case and the only way to obtain a resolution is to have a trial.  In Placer County, either party can file an at-issue memorandum to request a trial, but both parties must have prepared their preliminary declarations of disclosure and served each other with the same.  Once the memorandum to set has been filed, the Placer County family court will set a hearing to pick trial dates.  In the alternative, the parties can agree to set dates by stipulation.  Another way to obtain a trial setting conference is during contested hearing in which one party does not like the result and wishes to hold a trial with evidence.

If you are in a Placer County family law case that is not getting resolved or settled, or there are trial dates already set, please contact us today.  We offer a free half hour consultation to discuss your rights and your case details further.