Miller & Associates, Attorneys LLP
  • Best Of the Best 2014 - By the Readers of The Placer Herald
  • Best Of the Best 2015 - By the Readers of The Placer Herald
  • Placer Herald | Best Of the Best 2016 - Rocklin
  • By the readers of the Placer Herald | 2017 Best Of the Best
  • By the readers of the Placer Herald | 2018 Best Of the Best


ROCKLIN: 916-780-0848 FOLSOM: 916-365-4941 ROSEVILLE: 916-755-5977
Free ½ Hour Consultations

Main Navigation

Focused on reducing the emotional and financial toll to your family.

Offering divorce and family law options to fit
your needs, and focused on reducing the emotional
and financial toll to your family.

HGTV star Nicole Curtis seeks unpaid child support in court

Some television viewers in California who watch "Rehab Addict" starring Nicole Curtis might relate to her real-world problems. Her most recent dispute with her former partner concerns $6,059.50 in unpaid child support for their 3-year-old son. The HGTV star filed a court petition that requires the child's father to appear in court and explain why he has not made payment. If he does not show up, he could be held in contempt of court and ultimately face arrest.

The parents have engaged in a long series of disputes over their son. In July 2018, the father pursued sole custody. His court filings described Curtis as unfit to be a mother. He claimed that she had defied a court order and tried to prevent him from seeing his child.

In October 2018, the parents hammered out a joint custody deal that did not include any requirements for either party to pay child support. A previous custody arrangement had obliged the father to pay $1,200 per month. The unpaid child support motivating the mother's latest court action might arise from unmet financial obligations from that first custody deal.

Unpaid child support could impose financial hardship on a family or expose the person who owes the money to serious consequences. Whether someone needs to recover unpaid support or catch up on delinquent payments, the services of an attorney might improve the outcome. Legal counsel could help a client settle the matter privately. If necessary, an attorney could initiate enforcement actions through the court or petition a court to lower the payment amount if a person has suffered a job loss or other crisis.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
El Dorado Country | Bar Association Sacramento County | Bar Association The State Bar of California Placer County Bar Association Collaborative practice california IACP Certified Family Law Mediator
Miller & Associates, Attorneys LLP
Miller & Associates, Attorneys LLP
6542 Lonetree Boulevard
Rocklin, CA 95765

Phone: 916-780-0848
Fax: 916-780-0787
Miller & Associates, Attorneys LLP
2280 E. Bidwell Street, Suite 204
Folsom, CA 95630

Phone: 916-365-4941
Fax: 916-780-0787
office3 Miller & Associates, Attorneys LLP
3017 Douglas Blvd, 
Third Floor, Suite 58
Roseville, CA 95661

Phone: 916-755-5977
Fax: 916-780-0787

Privacy Policy | Business Development Solutions by FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters.