You may have heard the term “Family Law” or “Sacramento Family Law Attorneys” tossed around and maybe you found it a bit confusing and unclear. What exactly is family law? In short, family law typically refers to cases involving one or more of the following areas:
- Sacramento divorce or marital dissolution;
- Sacramento child custody and visitation;
- Sacramento parentage actions and paternity cases;
- Sacramento child support calculation;
- Sacramento spousal support litigation;
- Sacramento marital settlement agreements;
- Sacramento retirement division orders;
- Sacramento court litigation concerning any of the above.
On occasion, family law can refer to child adoptions and child dependency court. In California, family law cases are exclusively handled in the family courts, as opposed to the general civil courts. The family law judges are specially trained to handle family law matters in ways that general civil judges are not.
If you are involved in a Sacramento family law case, please do not hesitate to call us for a free half-hour consultation. We will intelligently discuss your case and the various family law issues that are involved and how our firm may be able to assist you. Please contact us today.